SoundForge v 11b272
1 nov. 2013
One-Touch Recording: Sound Forge Pro 11 features a completely redesigned recording interface that keeps you anchored in the workspace at all times while you shape and monitor incoming audio, arm and record takes, review work, and prepare for the next pass.
CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering: New metering features help you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
New Plug-in Chain Interface: Direct workspace access to every element of the plug-in processing environment.
Includes iZotope® Nectar® Elements plug-in (a $129 value): High end voice processing plug-in with style presets in genres like rock, pop, folk, soul, and voiceover & dialogue.
New Restore and Repair Tools by iZotope: New in this edition: Declipper, Denoiser, Declicker.
New Waveform Display Options: More than just a simple strip that displays your exact location, this feature also serves as an excellent navigation and auditioning tool.
Input Bus Effects: Set the mood for your talent by sweetening your source signal with plug-in effects.
Broadcast Wave File Format Enhancements: Supports BEXT BWF version 2.0, iXML, and includes autofill and verification options as well as automatic repair of BWF data.
SoundForge v 10.0d
15 nov. 2012
Updated Noise Reduction, Acoustic Mirror, Wave Hammer, and élastique Timestretch for 64-bit compatibility when used with Vegas Pro 12.0.
SoundForge v 10.0c
17 janv. 2012
Fixed a bug that could cause the spectrum graph to be displayed incorrectly in the Spectrum Analysis window.
Fixed a crash that could occur when an in-use file was modified outside of Sound Forge 10.
Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging a selection to the workspace to create a new file.
Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a sample via SDMI.
Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to hang or crash when using the Batch Converter script on a large number of files.
Fixed a bug that could delay plug-in parameters from being updated in real time during looped playback.
Fixed a bug that caused a Find operation to change the active editing tool.
Fixed a bug that prevented you from editing the Selection Start, Selection End, and Selection Length boxes on a data window when using SMPTE Drop time.
Fixed a bug that prevented the SMPTE: Play at Time trigger in the Playlist from working.
Fixed a bug that could prevent Sound Forge from removing temporary files, incorrectly displaying the Crash Recovery dialog the next time you start the application.
SoundForge v 10.0b
11 mai 2010
Notable fixes/changes in Version 10.0b
* When applying effects to a selection that includes the beginning or end of a file, automatic crossfades are no longer applied to the beginning or end of the file.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash that could occur when rendering to AVI format using templates copied from Vegas 8.
* Fixed an issue that caused the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV external monitor device to be unavailable in the Japanese version of Sound Forge.
* Fixed a bug that prevented audio from being rendered when using Windows Media Video templates after clearing and reselecting the Include audio check box.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge from reading command markers saved in Windows Media files created with earlier versions of Sound Forge.
* Fixed a bug that prevented some VST plug-ins (such as EnergyXT and Delphi VST Project) from being used in Sound Forge.
* Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when mixing a mono source to a multichannel destination.
* Fixed a bug that could occur when attempting to save .wav files in CCITT-ulaw format.
* Fixed a bug that caused real-time preview to stop after 10 seconds when using time-altering plug-ins.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Paragraphic EQ plug-in to produce distorted audio when using the Remove very low and inaudible frequencies below 20 Hz preset.
* Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when applying effects to events with individual channels selected.
Notable fixes/changes in Version 10.0a
* You can now edit samples in musical instrument files. Select the sample you want to edit, and then choose Edit > Event > Edit to open the selected sample in a new data window. After editing, you can save your changes back to the musical instrument file or to a different format.
* Disc-at-once workflow improvements:
o Audio moves with CD tracks when dragging CD tracks with the Edit tool.
o CD tracks move with events when dragging events with the Event tool.
o CD Tracks can now be locked to audio/events using Options > Lock Audio and CD Tracks.
* Added automation support to the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
* You can now edit the Original Tempo setting in the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
* Scrollbars have been added to the Plug-In Chainer.
* When you have data windows maximized, the window title is now italicized during playback to indicate which window is playing.
* Improved AAC file support.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge Pro from opening or saving MPEG-4 audio when QuickTime 7.6.4 is installed.
* Fixed a bug that could cause corruption in Broadcast Wave Format metadata.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the waveform from being displayed properly within a smooth fade-in curve when zoomed out.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the élastique Timestretch plug-in to crash on 32-bit PCs that do not support SSE2.
* Fixed a bug that could cause markers to shift after using the iZotope 64-bit SRC plug-in.
* Fixed a bug that prevented read-only project files (*.frg) from opening properly.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Save to truncate tailing silence in certain scenarios.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Mix/Replace from displaying the entire mixed result.
* Fixed a bug that could cause short clicks at the end of certain preview operations.
What's new in version 10.0
* Event-based editing.
* Disc-at-once CD burning.
* Enhanced timestretch and pitch shifting with the élastique Timestretch plug-in.
* Support for processing musical instrument files (.dls, .sf2, .gig).
* The Global media cache setting on the Editing tab of the Preferences dialog allows you to reserve RAM for media recently read from or written to disk.
* Metadata windows.
* Floating window docks.
* Enhanced Broadcast Wave Format (.bwf) support.
* Enhanced window layout management — save, recall, and share custom window layouts.
* Tabbed browsing for maximized data windows.
* iZotope MBIT+ Dither bit-depth conversion and 64-Bit SRC sample rate conversion.
* Resonant Filter plug-in.
* Custom selection grid lines.
* You can now set default fade types for effects on the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog.
SoundForge v 9.0e
19 janv. 2009
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0e
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Wave Hammer and Acoustic Mirror plug-ins to revert to Demo mode.
* Fixed a bug that caused the Cut and Copy toolbar buttons to be unavailable after making a selection.
* Fixed a bug that caused the Loop Tuner window to ignore vertical zooming and panning in the data window.
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0d
* The Loop Tuner window has been reimplemented an independent tool window.
* Added support for LPEC files imported from Digital Voice Editor software.
* Added support for WAV files up to 4 GB. Select the Allow Wave renders up to 4 GB check box on the General page of the Preferences dialog to enable support.
* Several Mix/Replace improvements have been implemented:
o Envelopes are now drawn when performing drag-and-drop mixes to indicate mix and fade-in and fade-out levels.
o If a selection exists in your destination data window, the selection is now preserved after mixing sound data.
o Markers are now added at the correct positions when you perform mixes with Options > Paste Events turned on.
o The end of the file is now used as a snap point when performing drag-and-drop mixes.
o A new setting has been added to the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog. Select the Auto-crossfade Mix with selection check box if you want the Fade In and Fade Out settings for the Mix tool to pay attention to the destination selection and file length when mixing between files.
* You can now hold Ctrl while dragging in a data window to switch to the Magnify tool temporarily (as in Sound Forge 8.0). Select the Allow Ctrl+drag style zoom in data windows check box on the General tab of the Preferences dialog to enable this behavior.
* Toggling a selection (using the S or \ key) now restores channel selection.
* The Lock Loop/Region Length command is now honored when multiple markers or regions are selected.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause black frames/silence when overwriting an open MPEG file.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause gapping when playing from the Plug-in Chainer and positioning the cursor if Options > Seek Cursor on Playback was not selected.
* When selecting up to a marker that occurs on the last sample of a file, the last sample is now included in the selection.
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0c
* Fixed a bug that would mix the wrong source when performing drag-and-drop mixing.
* Fixed a bug that could prevent phase and mono-compatibility meters from working when no channel was assigned to the sound card's first ports.
* Fixed a bug that would select the wrong region after a mix operation.
* Fixed a bug that could cause erroneous data to be displayed in the Statistics window.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Ctrl+Shift+D (Set Selection) and Ctrl+G (Go To) from working when a processing dialog was open.
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0b
* An Update loop bar on Mark In/Out check box has been added to the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog
- Select this check box if you want want to update the loop bar in a data window when you mark the beginning or end of a selection.
- When the check box is cleared, the loop bar isn't updated until after you've marked both ends of the selection.
* A Seek Cursor on Playback command has been added to the Options menu. When this command is selected, playback will restart when you position the cursor.
* The keyboard shortcut for saving and recalling views has changed. The new shortcuts are Ctrl+Shift+ to save a view and Ctrl+ to recall a view.
* You can now press the 0-9 keys (not numeric keypad) to move the cursor to the corresponding marker or select the corresponding region.
* The FLAC file format plug-in has been added to allow you to open and save FLAC files.
* Little-endian AIFF files are now supported.
* Meters now stretch to fit their windows.
* Fixed a bug in Spectrum Analysis when Real Time Monitoring is enabled.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to crash when dragging selection to the desktop when Kjaerhus automated effects exist in the chain.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Crossfade Loop from previewing correctly.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when undoing and repeating a Mix operation.
* Fixed a bug that could corrupt Audio preferences when the Windows Classic Wave Driver was not available.
* Fixed a bug that prevented you from changing the sample rate of a new or empty data window.
* The Mix/Replace dialog now preserves the previous preset.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Process > Reverse to insert silence in certain cases.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Mark In/Out from working during playback.
* Fixed a bug that prevented audio plug-ins from inserting tails.
* Automated plug-ins in the Plug-In Chainer window now reflect the cursor position.
* Fixed a bug that caused the Normal Zoom preference to be ignored.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Video Strip to lose frames at different zoom ratios.
* The Lock Length button in the Normalize dialog now updates properly after undo.
* Tempo is now maintained when the ruler format is changed.
* Loop pre-roll is now applied when dragging the start of a selection.
* Playback no longer jumps with Scroll Playback turned off.
* Various improvements for ASIO devices.
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0a
* A Force loop bar to match selection check box has been added to the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog
- Select this check box if you want the loop region to always match the current time selection. Clicking to position the cursor in a data window will clear the loop region.
-Clear the check box if you want to be able to position the cursor without clearing the loop region.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented the Normal Rate control on the scrub control from working correctly.
* Markers are now navigable when copied to a new data window.
* In Windows Vista, VST plug-ins now load properly when User Account Control (UAC) is turned off on a local administrator account.
* Devices are no longer automatically disabled when no channels are assigned to them.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented MIDI triggers from working correctly.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented OGG files from opening properly.
* A bug has been fixed that caused operations on multichannel Windows Media files to fail.
* An error in the documentation has been corrected: Alt+L creates a sample loop without displaying the Edit Sample dialog; Alt+Shift+L creates a sample loop and displays the Edit Sample dialog.
* Several bugs relating to the cut, copy, and paste functions have been fixed.
* Several bugs relating to playback and playback buffering behavior have been fixed.
* A bug has been fixed that caused the Statistics tool to report inaccurate RMS levels has been fixed.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented some scripts from working properly with multichannel audio.
* VST plug-ins that support more than two channels are now allowed. Only selected channels will be processed. If the number of inputs or outputs does not match the number of channels selected, missing inputs will be replaced with silence, and extra outputs will be discarded.
What's new in version 9.0
* Multichannel audio editing and recording.
* Updated Channel Converter for multichannel files.
* Updated Spectrum Analysis for multichannel files.
* Drag-and-drop mixing and pasting between channels.
* Hardware Meters window for monitoring hardware outputs and adjusting preview levels.
* Phase scope and mono-compatibility meter.
* You can now cut, paste, and delete data from individual channels of multichannel files.
* You can now update the cursor position and selection by double-clicking and editing the selection status boxes in data windows.
* Improved process and effects dialogs with selection, wet/dry mix, fade-in/out controls.
* Adjust data window selections/crossfades when process and effects dialogs are visible.
* Enhanced snapping.
* Enhanced color customization via Display Preferences.
* Enhanced keyboard customization.
* Updated marker and region ruler with selection snapping.
* Gracenote® MusicID technology for extracted audio from CDs.
SoundForge v 8.0d
6 mars 2006
Support has been added for opening and rendering ATRAC3 , ATRAC3plus , and ATRAC Advanced Lossless files.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when bypassing certain plug-ins using automation envelopes.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when starting the Batch Converter script if the current file had not yet been saved.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when running scripts that use markers in a media file and attempt to close the media file via the script.
A bug has been fixed that could prevent you from dragging regions from the Regions List window to the workspace or to an empty data window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to freeze when starting playback on some systems.
Improvements have been made to resolve issues with certain VST effects.
An issue has been fixed that could cause some VST effects to unexpectedly revert to their default settings.
A bug has been fixed that caused preset labels in the Mix, Crossfade, and MIDI Trigger dialogs to display incorrect settings.
A bug has been fixed that prevented arrow keys from drawing straight lines with the Pencil tool when holding the left mouse button.
A bug has been fixed that caused recording to stop prematurely when recording 88.2 kHz audio.
A bug has been fixed that prevented you from undoing sample-rate changes made via the status bar.
A bug has been fixed that caused file lengths to be displayed incorrectly in the Explorer window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause lengths to be displayed incorrectly in the Undo/Redo History window.
A bug has been fixed that could cause Insert Silence to display incorrect time values in the Batch Converter.
A bug has been fixed that caused the Post-roll setting from Preferences > Previews to be ignored.
Various issues with the Auto Trim/Crop function have been resolved.
A bug has been fixed that caused the Markers to Regions command to fail if a selection existed in a file.
SoundForge v 8.0
6 janv. 2006
Customizable keyboard mappings.
VST effect support.
ASIO audio driver support.
Data window scrubbing.
Application scripting with an integrated Script Editor window.
Batch processing and file-format conversion via the Batch Converter script.
Ability to save a project path in a rendered file and edit a rendered file's source project.
You can now choose the Ruler Format and Level Format for data displayed in the Statistics window.
You can copy the contents of the Statistics window to the clipboard for easy comparison of multiple files.
Integration with CD Architect.
Macromedia Flash (.swf) format importing. (ActionScript, motion video, and audio are not supported.)
You can use the Display tab in the Preferences dialog to adjust the icon color saturation and icon tinting.
HDV project and rendering templates (AVI, MPEG-2, and Windows Media Video) have been added.