Acoustica v 7.0.19
9 sept. 2017
* Fixed: DeNoise Light only effective in preview mode
* Fixed: Ctrl+F4 shortcut doesn't show save prompt
* Fixed: Spectrum analysis curve not updated after re-calculation
* Fixed: Rare crashes when saving files with anchor data after choosing yes in save prompt
* Fixed: Rare loss of user settings when trying to open two instances of Acoustica and then force quitting the remaining instance
* Fixed: The vertical axis in the Spectrogram Analysis tool always has a linear frequency scale regardless of the selected mapping
* Fixed: Frame title can appear outside of screen if the plug-in editor window is too big
* Fixed: Increased maximum plug-in scan time from 5 to 30 seconds to support slow loading plug-ins
* Added: Click on zoom scrollbar background moves view to click point
* Fixed: Rare crash when zooming in horizontally to the max while having anchors
* Fixed: Parameter recall could move delay taps in "Echo" effect
* Added: Sort options for label and region lists
* Added: Remember encoder settings when closing application
* Added: Clip editor view settings stored when closing application
* Added: Waveform view settings
* Added: Optional indication of illegal value range in clip editor
* Added: Optional zero line in clip editor
* Added: Optional selection grid in clip editor
* Added: Amplitude range, minimum frequency and drop rate settings to realtime spectrum analyzer
* Added: Remember analyzer settings when closing application
* Added: Remember last settings in "Insert Silence"
* Added: Remember last format settings
* Added: Multi-select in file open dialog
* Added: Remember separate "Save as" and "Open" audio folders
* Fixed: Clip editor recovery files don't include labels, regions and meta data
* Added: Remember last processor and plug-in settings
* Fixed: Play cursor moves when editing automation points in multitrack sessions
* Added: Selection with shift and arrow keys in clip editor
* Fixed: Applying processing to empty selections should process whole file, but doesn't always work
* Fixed: Label text partially hidden when moving labels
* Fixed: Labels cannot be moved to the right of the original position
* Improved: Black text for selected items in the label and region lists (readability)
* Fixed: Random crashes when trying to open a file with a non-existent temporary folder
* Fixed: Device settings dialog appears behind recording window on Mac
* Fixed: Inconsistent tooltips in Equalize and Equalize Light
* Fixed: It is possible to start the plug-in scan process several times leading to incorrect scan results
* Fixed: RIFF padding error makes it impossible to load certain .wav files
* Fixed: Timer record didn't auto-stop when the recording start was triggered by timer
* Fixed: Playback stops when other document is closed
* Fixed: Cursor placement of "inactive" file has influence on playhead position of "active" file
* Fixed: Playback stops when switching active document
* Fixed: Channel format selection in the batch processor doesn't work properly
* Fixed: Crash when changing export options when exporting audio from multitrack sessions
* Added: Tooltips to Dynamics
* Fixed: Possible glitches when recording due to an error in the recording FIFO queue
* Fixed: Thread synchronization error causes rare crashes when starting playback
* Fixed: CD device remained locked after track import
Acoustica v 7.0.2
12 juil. 2017
Acoustica 7 has been rewritten from scratch for cross-platform support:
Runs on Mac (OS X) and PC (Windows)
There are both 32 and a 64 bit versions available on Windows
Complete Overhaul of the User Interface
The user interface has received a complete overhaul and appears much more modern with the same dark theme as found in our range of plug-ins. All graphical elements are vector based and scale nicely on high DPI displays.
Spectral Editing (Premium Edition only)
The spectral editing mode switches the normal waveform view to a spectrogram where you can make selections in time and frequency. Subsequent processing is applied only to this selection and allows you to edit out isolated problems in the spectrogram. A specialized Retouch tool is available that attenuates noise using information from a reference signal in the surrounding “clean” areas.
EBU and ITU Loudness Compliance
Loudness metering and normalization according to EBU R-128 and ITU-R BS.1770 are now integrated. These recommendations are gaining momentum and more and more broadcasters and streaming platforms require loudness compliance.
Integrated loudness meter complies to EBU R-128
The level meter can be switched to true peak metering
The Normalize tool now supports normalization based on integrated loudness according to the EBU and ITU recommendations
Acoustica can now automatically de-click splice points. Previously, care had to be taken to avoid discontinuities during editing. The new Automatic Splice De-click option ensures that clicks don’t occur at the splice points.
Acoustica now supports VST3 and AU (Mac only) plug-ins in addition to VST. The DirectX support has been discontinued.
New Tools for Dynamic Processing
The integrated tools for dynamic processing have been re-implemented for better audio quality and an improved user interface.
Dynamics is a combined compressor, expander and gate. Harmonic distortions are kept to a minimum due to smart look-ahead and optional oversampling improves the quality further. The user interface is highly intuitive and graphical as you would expect from Acon Digital.
Multiband Dynamics (Premium Edition only) is the multiband companion to Dynamics. It allows separate dynamic processing in four bands with variable cross-over frequencies and continuously adjustable slopes from 6 to 96 dB / octave.
Limit is a brickwall limiter with an integrated pre-compression stage. Harmonic distortions are kept to a minimum due to smart look-ahead and optional oversampling improves the quality further.
New Restoration Tools
Acoustica Premium Edition now includes the award winning processing tools from Restoration Suite 1.8. The Standard Edition contains the same tools except for a light version of DeNoise without adaptive filtering and with fewer parameter settings.
Phono Filter, the integrated emphasis and de-emphasis filter now uses a much more accurate filtering technique that evaluates the amplitude response of the analog filters directly. Advanced users can specify time constants and presets for RIAA, vintage equipment and DAT / CD emphasis are included.
Vitalize replaces the old High Frequency Synthesis tool and comes with an improved algorithm and better user interface.
Other Effects and Processing Tools
Acon Digital Equalize is seamlessly integrated in the Premium Edition and a light version with only the minimum phase response is included in the Standard Edition.
Acon Digital Verberate is seamlessly integrated in the Premium Edition and a light version with a limited parameter set is available in the Standard Edition.
Dither is a new separate dithering tool with novel and flexible noise shaping options.
Convolve (convolution reverb) now supports true stereo processing and has zero latency
The Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) algorithm has been significantly improved.
All other audio processor have been re-implemented and received a new and more polished user interface.
Acoustica v 6.0b14
25 avril 2014
We have just updated Acoustica 6 to build 14 with the following fixes:
DeClick did not recall user presets
ID3 tag data not always loaded from MP3 files
Axis frequency mismatch in phase linear equalizer
Help was missing for the distortion effect
The surround panner in the multitrack editor did not reflect the actual channel count
Multitrack editor kept playing after closing the project
Save was incorrectly disabled after undo
Reversing a single channel caused a crash
The clip start offset was not loaded from multitrack project files
Acoustica v 6.0b12
9 sept. 2013
Volume increased when adding clips in subsequent track in the multitrack editor
Clips modified using the single track editor from a multitrack project weren’t saved along with the multitrack project
The last parameter settings in VST plug-ins weren’t always loaded correctly
MP3 import failed for certain files under Windows 7 and 8
The residual output option was missing in DeClick
Acoustica v 6.0b10
27 juil. 2013
The next button now gets activated correctly in the restoration wizard (problem was only present in the Premium Edition)
Fixed issue with missing phase linear equalizer in the effect chainer (Premium Edition)
The equalizer settings are now properly updated when changing frequency band in the phase linear equalizer (Premium Edition)
Added possibility to reset all bands in the phase linear equalizer by double clicking the background of the frequency response visualization (Premium Edition)
Fixed application freeze when trying to create spectrum with logarithmic scale starting at 0 Hz
Slight reduction in the height of DeHum and DeClick to make sure they fit with resolutions down to 800 x 600 pixels (Premium Edition)
Acoustica v 6.0b8
10 juin 2013
Multitrack Editing (Standard and Premium Edition only)
Create as many audio tracks as you want
Apply effect chains to tracks or master track
Clips can easily be looped and stretched
Add transitions between clips by simply overlapping them in the time line. Several transition curves are available
Double click a clip to open and modify the content in an audio editor window
Mix-down to 5.1 and 7.1 surround formats (Premium Edition only)
New Phase Linear Equalizer (Premium Edition only)
Phase linear six band parametric equalizer
Six different filter types
No frequency warping when close to the Nyquist frequency
Variable bandwidths and filter slopes (from -3 to -120 dB / oct.)
New Audio Restoration Tools (Premium Edition only)
Acoustica Premium Edition now includes the same tools as found in the Restoration Suite:
DeNoise is a plugin designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise
DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise
DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle
DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping
Upgraded Processing Tools (Standard Edition only)
Acoustica Standard Edition 6 includes several of the high quality processing tools that were earlier only available in the Premium Edition:
Superb quality time stretching
Transpose tool (pitch shift) based on the new time stretching engine
New reverb with much better control over the room and filter parameters
The parametric equalizer now offers six different filter types – low shelf, peak, high shelf, high pass, notch and low pass
Improved VST preset handling which is more consistent with how presets are managed for the internal processing tools
Automatic recovery of recording audio if the computer shuts down unexpectetly during recording
WAVE64 – support for files bigger than 4 GB now also in the Basic and Standard Edition
The Basic Edition now includes MP4 and AAC import and export filters (only on Windows 7 or higher)
Acoustica v 5build60
7 déc. 2012
Acoustica has among other improvements been optimized for touch devices and Windows 8. Big thanks to Intel for providing us with test hardware.
Acoustica v 5build59
8 sept. 2012
The latest build fixes a problem with scanning of VST plug-ins in nested folders, an issue that in some cases prevented ASIO devices from being listed as well as several minor bug fixes.
Acoustica v 5build51
16 mai 2012
In build 51 we have added ASIO support also in the standard edition of Acoustica 5. The new build also includes several bug fixes.
Acoustica v 5build46
15 mars 2012
Build 46 of Acoustica Standard and Premium Edition 5 includes a new raw import file filter, VST latency compensation and minor bug fixes.
Acoustica v 5build43
20 janv. 2012
Build 43 of Acoustica Standard and Premium Edition 5 includes keyboard customization as well as several minor improvements and bug fixes.
Acoustica v 5.0
24 nov. 2010
Graphical user interface
* New audio plug-in design
* Tabbed MDI interface
* Dockable file browser pane
New file formats
* WAVE64 - support for files bigger than 4 GB (Premium Edition only)
CD Cover Editor
The new CD Cover Editor lets you create CD covers from your CD projects in a breeze.
* Save and open CD projects
* Erase CD-RWs
The new K-System level meters help you to produce consistent sounding music while preserving appropriate dynamic range.
Enhanced spectrum analysis
The updated offline analysis tools allow you to select frequency and amplitude ranges. The spectrum analysis now allows logarithmic frequency scales and can show the average spectrum over a large time selection.
Simulate the reverberation of physical or virtual spaces based on pre-recorded impulse responses.
Enhanced denoiser with adaptive mode (Premium Edition only)
The new adaptive mode constantly updates the noise profile to match changes in the signal noise.
Test signal generator (Premium Edition only)
* White, pink and brownian noise
* Sine tones
Acoustica v 4.0
10 mars 2008
* Compatible with Windows Vista
* Supports VST effects.
* Real-time analyzers lets you analyze the output audio like a professional, including lever meter with RMS, peak and peak hold, FFT analyzer, phase correlation meter and a big time display.
* The new user interface supports customizable toolbars, menus and window positioning.
* Integrated Limiter
* New declipper restores audio recordings that suffer from digital or analog clipping.
* The declicker includes a new decrackle option that eliminates short but frequent clicks (crackle) more efficiently.
* Integrated phono preamplifier emulator eliminates the need for an external phono preamplifier when connecting record players to the sound card
* Greatly improved Cleaning Wizard guides you through all the steps from connection of the stereo equipment and recording to restoration and CD burning.