Changes 3.9.9 -> 4.0.0:
* Automation record: Don't show assertion warning when trying (and failing)
to add a new fx automation point at the same time position as an already
existing fx automation point.
* Thicker non-line-aligned beat lines. (0.6 pixels -> 2.3 pixels)
* Fix memory corruption when rendering block with non-line-aligned
* Option to render multiple sound files, one for each instrument.
* Fix memory corruption when using VST plugins. (bug introduced in 3.9.9)
* Fix rare startup crash. (bug introduced in 3.9.9)
* Fix crash when removing the system out instrument or loading
a song where the system out instrument has been removed.
(bug introduced in 3.9.9)
* Reorganize project menu a little bit.
* Fix note duplicator horizontal gui stretch.
* Fix play cursor following. It didn't always follow.
* Keep sample read position when switching from ping-pong
to non-ping-pong while playing.
* Fix a MIDI record position inaccuracy which could happen
when switching to a block with a different length than the
Changes 3.9.8 -> 3.9.9:
* Don't let shift + mouse scroll wheel move editor cursor left/right.
* Cut/copy/paste individual fx-es in tracks.
* Record automation. (right-click a slider)
* Changed default play cursor color to black, and increased width to 4 pixels.
* Ensure the bottom bar volume slider is always updated.
* Don't show assertion window when loading older song with fxs->effectnum != fxs->fx->effect_num
* Fix track cut
* Fix copying/pasting/cutting tempo tracks
* More accurate play range looping.
* More time set off for for graphical updates.
* Should be noticable if using VST plugins on Windows or OSX.
* Workaround for OSX crash when deleting some VST plugins with open native GUI.
* Use non-native color selector on OSX (i.e. no separate window).
* MIDI learn. (right-click a slider or right-click a check box)
* Fix MIDI instrument widget stretch
* No 2-3 seconds freeze on Windows after starting up.
Changes 3.9.7 -> 3.9.8:
* Turn off custom put-dialog-in-front system. Using the Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint flag instead.
(Less weird behavior when raising windows in front of others.)
* Fix "Make track monophonic". It didn't handle velocities and pitch changes,
and it didn't create undo data at the correct time.
* Fix race condition when recording MIDI (fix rare crash).
* OSX: Fix VST plugin keyboard focus for qt5.
* Don't estimate monitor refresh rate when using qt5. The estimation is technically
necessary since we need to know the refresh rate according to the sound card
clock, and not the gfx card clock. But in practice it makes no difference since
we interpolate the screen position anyway to avoid jumps. In qt5 there is a
single function call to get the refresh rate without having to measure
or dive into the OS APIs.
* Faust: Allocate hash tables with malloc to avoid large .bss sections
(This causes shorter garbage collector pause times.)
* BDW-GC: Don't include data segments for dynamically loaded libraries.
(This causes shorter garbage collector pause times.)
* Use Qt::FramelessWindowHint instead of Qt::Popup for the progress window,
to avoid locking up the X server on Linux.
* Removed some unnecessary paint calls
Changes 3.9.6 -> 3.9.7:
* Fixed mod/xm import on OSX.
* OSX: dont show dock icons for the helper programs
* Clean up gfx update handling a bit. Should improve graphical performance.
* Remove some pre-opengl gfx buffers that were not used. Using less memory now,
and resizing might be noticable faster.
* macosx: Enable full screen. Doesn't crash now, probably because of using Qt5 instead of Qt4.
* Progress dialog when opening songs.
* Option to save song with audio samples embedded. Works for the Sampler and
Fluidsynth instruments. Could be useful when sending songs to other people
or transfer songs between computers.
* Add Reverse and Ping-Pong loop to the sampler instrument
* Fix graphics for show/hide bpm track and tempo multiplier track
* Double the number of effect columns before using tabs.
* Tweak Patchbay gui a bit.
* Adjusted tapiir gui.
* Removed the custom Ctrl+C handler. Ctrl+C seems to work properly now without it.
* OpenGL: Call glMakeCurrent / glDoneCurrent before and after rendering each frame.
Before we only called glMakeCurrent during program startup.
Don't know if it makes a difference.
* disk: Give error message if the last step when saving
a file (i.e. copying new file over the old file) failed.
* Fix bug that could cause non-glide automation not to be played.
* Force additional windows, such as the preferences window,
to always display in front of the main window.
* Upgrade to Qt5. It seems like the seemingly
random OpenGL related crashes are gone now.
* Some blocklist/playlist gfx tweaks
* Don't ask for effect display value string when
the effect is an on/off button (crash fix)
* Fix pasting effects from other instruments
* Tweak when to paint stipled automation node lines
Changes 3.9.5 -> 3.9.6:
* Update bus slider strings immediately when changing a bus instrument name
* Fix freeze that could happen when pasting tracks and other situations
* Fix crash when pasting block using a sampler instrument pointing
to a directory with lots of samples.
* Timeskew plugin. Like a delay, except that you can set negative
values as well.
* Plugin delay compensation.
* Optimize rendering performance. Should especially be noticable
on Windows 32 computers with slow disk.
* Apply faust scroll wheel behavior to the mixer and editor as well,
and document this behavior in the help menu.
* Don't record CPU usage data for plugins that are not visible.
* Draw missing horizontal lines to connect nodes where glide is set to OFF.
This is not only visually better, but also necessary in order
to show the last values without enabling text.
* Update mute/solo/bypass buttons when automated
* Upgrade BDW garbage collector to 7.4.4
* More detailed information when getting "unknown effect number" error.
* Add missing sustain pedal effect name handling in
the Fluidsynth instrument.
* Fix memory leak in FaustDev undo.
* Fix splitting block while playing
* Check errors when reading file from disk
* Gray out selected objects in the mixer again.
Changes 3.9.4 -> 3.9.5:
* Fix Linux binary
* Draw a rounded rectangle around the current sound object in
* Various mixer graphics improvements.
* Various thread sanitizer fixes
* Finally fixed an old pesky race condition bug.
* Updated package list for debian/ubuntu and fedora.
* Remove xmessage, pygtk and libglade from bin/packages.
* Mixer: Only open GUI if double clicking on the instrument name.
* Mixer: double clicking is normally handled as two single clicks.
* Add solo buttons to the sound objects in the mixer and the
* Change the Faust "Show C++" and "Options" buttons into checkboxes.
* Make sure all dialogs remember geometry when they are reopened.
* Fix loading LADSPA plugins.
* Add options for LLVM optimization level and Faust GUI style
in the preferences dialog.
* Automatically increase slider font size when the instrument
window is full size
* Replaced the "maximum" checkbox with "half" and "full" checkboxes.
* Don't crash if we can't read a song file.
Changes 3.9.3 -> 3.9.4:
* Show min/avg/max CPU usage for each individual instrument.
* Fix rare divide by zero bug when displaying CPU usage.
* 2Bar Demo Track by Tobias Lutzenkirchen included in the Project menu.
* FaustDev instrument. Develop faust instruments inside Radium.
* Instrument maximimize button.
* Faust instruments GUI button. Only the blue style available for now.
* Add separator between plugin and system effects in the effect popup menu.
* Start counting tab pages from 0 (not 1) in the plugin effect widgets.
* Don't play if pressing shift or altgr when the cursor is placed in a text field.
* Load song: Inform user when the effect names of a plugin has changed and
will be ignored.
* LADSPA/Linux: Search for plugins in LADSPA_PATH (and bin/ladspa) before
searching in the default locations.
* Don't create undo data when loading song, and when exiting.
* Ensure faust effect names are unique. Important when saving and
loading songs since effects values are stored by name, not by index.
* Make sure editor is updated when the instrument widget automatically
adjusts its height.
Changes 3.9.2 -> 3.9.3:
* Fix crash when changing the pitch of a note
* Don't show assertion window when a midi device
name read from config file could not be found.
Changes 3.9.1 -> 3.9.2:
* Added some workaround code in an attempt to not crash if hitting an old bug (which I thought was gone).
* Fix loading presets which were saved before 3.9.1
* text: 0x80 is always 50% (instead of around 50.2%), and 0xff is now interpreted as 0x100.
Setting an actual 0xff value is not possible.
* Larger font for help texts
Changes 3.9.0 -> 3.9.1:
* Added "chance text", similar to velocity text, fx text, etc.
Specify the chance of whether to play a note or a pitch.
* Don't crash if trying to set centtext value on an end note
* Fix the various show gui automations.
* Fix old songs that was saved with "Gain (dB)" as volume effect name
instead of "System Volume".
* Add another voice to the note duplicator
* Added three extra buses
* Add highpass filter to equalizer
* Add "chance" column to note duplicator. This can also be automated.
* Add 16x16 and 24x24 patchbays
* Change editor redraw mode on Windows and OSX to be similar to Linux.
Might make a difference.
* Don't show warning window if trying to switch solo mode
on non-existing track
* Fix keybindings in the menu for switching track on/off and track solo.
* Prefix LADSPA and VST effect names with effect number to ensure
effect names are always unique.
* Some midi recording fixes. Might fix rare crashes.
Changes 3.8.9 -> 3.9.0:
* Make sure cursor is placed correctly when switching blocks
* Dont show warning window when a vst plugin sends a MIDI sysex message
* Fix block switch crash introduced in 3.8.9
* Accept drag-and-dropped radium songs into the editor
Changes 3.8.8 -> 3.8.9: (removed, unstable)
* Check for for note name(s) under cursor first when finding note(s) to increase/decrease velocity of
when pressing AltGr+left/right
* pressing AltGtr+down/up jumps to next waveform start/end position when cursor is in the automation area.
* api: cursorNextWaveform/cursorPrevWaveform
* FX range: Fix copying automation for instruments with empty effect names
* Fix adding new fx from another instrument when the track already has an fx with the same number
* MIDI: Ask system to open default device when creating new midi instrument, instead of using the first one available
* windows/midi: Use default device (instead of the first device) for output if the requested device could not be found
* 32x32 patchbay instrument
* Clean up MIDI recording code. More stable and accurately, and recording over several blocks should work better.
* Fix potential undefined behavior when cutting track
* Use JUCE instead of RtMidi for sending and receiving MIDI
* More than one MIDI input port simultaneously.
* Show most used plugins in the bottom of the pluginmenu.
(All previously used plugins are shown in the "next" sub menues.)
* Remove "keep left input", etc. instruments from the plugin menu
(they take up space and the patchbay is better anyway)
* Some assertions to try to hunt down ladspa initialization crash on osx
* Ensure current line is legal when changing the LZ value
* Send around midi channels in the note event system
* patchbay plugin: Fix situation that theoretically could silence all
channels when loading song or preset
Changes 3.8.7 -> 3.8.8:
* api: currentLine / setCurrentLine
* Make scroll wheel behave as pressing up / down arrow key
instead of scrolling up / down
* Paint current connections in more distinct colors
* Fix 1L1 key on apple keyboards. On ISO keyboards the 1L1 key
has moved down to the ZL1 key. Dont know how to detect whether
we are using an apple or iso keyboard, but mac users probably
usually use apple keyboards.
* OSX: Enable and fix crashreporter
* Wait until opengl widget has updated before returning
* mouse: Fix editing lines below LZ * number of lines in block.
* Another attempt to fix window reconfiguration crash on osx.
* OSX: Fix keyboard focus in native VST GUIs
Changes 3.8.6 -> 3.8.7:
* Clean up instruments when loading new song. Can significantly
reduce memory usage. (Tito Latini)
* Don't disable garbage collector when loading song. Can significantly
reduce memory usage.
* Improve mouse performance significantly. This may reduce overall
gfx stutter when doing operations with the mouse, or just moving the pointer,
especially on Windows. More work is possible here though.
* Fix fx popup menu when there are many instrument with many effects.
* Show a message in the editor when the garbage collector is turned off.
* Actually turn off the garbage collector when unselecting
"Enable Garbage Collector" in the preferences.
* Try to fix window reconfiguration crash on OSX.
* Update s7 scheme interpreter
* Fix VECTOR_clean and VECTOR_move. (Tito Latini)
You must sign-in to post your comment:
You can signin with your 440Software account (MacMusic, PcMusic, 440TV, 440Forums, 440Software, ...) or via FaceBook, Twitter or Google.