BaseHead is a software for searching and finding your Sound Effects, Music and Audio Files.
If you are a Sound Designer for Video Games of Feature Films using any DAW like Nuendo or Pro Tools and want to speed up your workflow,then this is the product to get!
Originally we made this program just for ourselves to speed up our every day work, but the BaseHead Project has grown beyond that being used by thousands today.
New Features in version 3.x!
- A Brand new Absolutely Stunning User Interface!
- A complete code re-write in C# on the .NET platform (.NET 3.5 or higher is required now)
- New in version 3.5: Server Database Support
- Album art is shown if embedded in the ID3 tags
- Plays sounds at different pitches using the NumberPad 0-9
- Split Stereo Playback of .L and .R WAV and AIF files as stereo.
(Waveform will turn orange when this is detected and engaged)
- Continue playback button - To skip to the next record automatically
- Common Combo and ALL searching in the search boxes
- Auto-Complete Searching (It remembers now)
- Stores a Playlist of everything auditioned
- Destructive Editing of files.
- Hold Shift and wipe a Yellow Range then hit the DEL key and if the edit is good, hit Ctrl+S to Save the File. Warning:!! This is destructive!!!
- Reverse Playback
- Shuffle Mode
- Pan Slider
- VST audition
- AAC playback
- WMA, WMV and FLAC playback and reading with Tags
- Auditioning and Full features on the Taglist page
- Enhanced Browser page now with the ability to Delete files and folders etc. plus store/recall recent places.
- Uses WASAPI for Audio Driver playback now. (bye bye Direct Sound)
- Auto-Updating of BaseHead inside the program is back and better then ever!
- Hardwired Region Spotting to Nuendo5.x and Cubase5/6 that spot multiple selected files now
- Nuendo/Cubase - Automatically follows the session folder path feature (Need to install enclosed SKI plugin)
- Since we are hardwired now expect other custom features for the Steinberg DAW's Nuendo 5.5 and Cubase 6 are supported now as target apps.
- Reads Nuendo iXML Description field chunk (Other fields coming soon)
- Pro Tools 10 supported as a Target app with Interleaved spotting and "Spot with Handles" option now.
- Sonar X1 Support now for region spotting
- Force Sample Rate feature
- Skip Silence works on Non-cached files now.
- Back/Forward searches like a Web browser
- Sample rates of 88khz and 96khz indicated in Yellow in the details panel.
- Sample rates of 174khz and 192khz indicated in Light Green
(Both are helpful if you have 2 choices of files to grab at different sample rates)
- Function to Remove Broken DB Links-Removes missing DB's that are in the bottom left Hotswap box
- DnD Bar added to the bottom left to make DnD easier.
- Ctrl+Drag of the waveform will also drag that one selected file.
- Hide/Show Abilities from the Right Sidebar
- This is one way we replaced the Setup page. More details to come on how this works.
- Use Description (ONLY) for region name" Nuendo/Cubase and PT (Not finished for Nuendo/Cubase yet)
- "Spot with Handles"to Pro Tools 10
- Ability to toggle between fixed and multi-line row heights
- Auto-Switching paths in no longer just for Nuendo. It works with Pro Tools now also
- Show Folder contents inside the Results page for the selected file. (ALT+F)
- New PeekTree Panel that shows:
- Favorite Searches
- Recent Searches
- Recently Played sounds
- Recent Paths, and
- Recently X-fered sounds
(Lots more coming to this panel soon!)
- Control +Click and Drag from the DnD Bar will now drag the Taglist (Moved from the Taglist icon cuz it's bigger and less conflicts)
- Tons of Workflow improvements like:
- Control+Click on Transfer Path Folder shows it in Explorer
- Control+Click on Database Folder shows it's location in Explorer
- Ability to set Transfer path by dragging a folder to the Transfer Path folder on the main page at the bottom. It's all about the little things.... 8)
- DnD to Browser to show files for quick auditioni
- Somehow improves your Sex Life even more!! (besides the 3 crazy guys coding it 14 hours a day) hehehe
Other Previous Features (PC)
- Drag and Drop Support of the whole file or a selection with either Copying or Referencing
- Cross-platform license and Database format (No Extra Charge)
- Waveform caching of all formats supported w/ option to cache locally.
- Skip Silence playback
- Setting and Removing of Playback Markers
- 42 Fields of Metadata searchable
- Ability to Add Pre, Post and BWAV Descriptions or Shorten file names on Transfer
- 4 Separate Search Input Fields so you can fine tune searches. Also with Search History
- Injects renamed Descriptions back into the audio files (WAV/BWAV only)
- CD/Folder Browsing of files in the Database
- Boolean Searching (And, Or, Not, Exact)
- Multichannel audio playback Crashed to Stereo
- Auto-Switching Paths Feature
- Licenses work over a Network or Web!
- Ability to set and mark playback regions
- SoundMiner v3 Metadata Importing from BWAVs. and Ripper v4 data importe
- Reads MP3, WMA, FLAC and OGG tags
- Premium Support is FREE!!